According to leading plastic surgeon Dr Angelica Kavouni, skin prep for summer starts in spring. More patients than ever are requesting safe and effective treatments to contour the body and tighten the skin.
During the ageing process, cells start to produce less collagen which often leads to sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles. Skin laxity starts to occur from age 35, when the quantity and quality of a patient’s collagen begins to decline.8
“A large number of people are enquiring about radiofrequency skin tightening treatments like Thermage FLX® ,” says Dr Kavouni. “Thermage FLX is a great solution for patients who are looking for a treatment to contour their face and body and tighten their skin ready for summer”.
Thermage FLX® is the latest-generation system for non-invasive skin-tightening treatments from US manufacturer Solta Medical®. It is a monopolar radiofrequency system that helps tighten and smooth the skin on the face, under eyes, eyelids and body. ¹,²
Unlike many aesthetic procedures requiring multiple sessions, Thermage FLX® delivers visible results after a single treatment and will improve gradually. ², ³
Providing with little to no downtime, Thermage FLX® is an attractive option for busy patients. With Thermage FLX , patients can treat multiple areas of the body in a single session and go back to their regular activities quickly after their treatment. ¹, ²
In addition to successfully achieving a skin-tightening effect on the face and body, Thermage FLX® also smooths the lower and upper eyelids for a more awakened look. The Thermage FLX procedure involves sending radiofrequency energy waves to the skin’s deeper layers. The produced heat causes existing collagen to contract – which brings the tightening effect – and more importantly, stimulates the production and growth of new collagen over a period of four to six month. ⁴, ⁵ The Thermage FLX system incorporates a multidirectional vibration and cooling effect which has been shown to help aid in patient comfort. ⁶
After more than 18 years of expertise and innovation, 2.5 million Thermage® treatments have been performed in the world*. Thermage FLX® was also awarded Skin Tightening Treatment of the Year 2020 (My Face My Body UK). ⁷
Thermage FLX® is suitable for both men and women of all skin types. Thermage FLX is FDA cleared and CE-Mark approved (CE 0344).
Please read the Instructions for Use for risks associated with Thermage FLX®. *sales data
1. M. Fritz and al. Radiofrequency treatment for middle and lower face. Arch Facial Plast Surg. Nov-Dec 2004;6(6):370-3
2. E. Finzi, A. Spangler. Multipass vector (mpave) technique with nonablative radiofrequency to treat facial and neck laxity. rmatol Surg. 2005 Aug;31(8 Pt 1):916-22.
3. J.S Dover, et al. Results of a survey of 5,700 patient monopolar radiofrequency facial skin tightening treatments: Assessment of a low-energy multi-pass technique leading to a clinical end point algorithm. Dermatol Surg 2007; Aug;33(8):900-7.
4. Bogle MA, Ubelhoer N, Weiss RA, Mayoral F, Kaminer MS. Evaluation of the multiple pass, low fluence algorithm for radiofrequency tightening of the lower face. Lasers Surg Med. 2007 Mar;39(3):210-7.
5. Zelickson_Histological and Ultrastructural Evaluation of Effects of a Radiofrequency- Based Nonablative Dermal Remodeling Device
6. Solta Medical, 2009. Report on Gazelle Clinical Study 09-100-GA-T ‘Validation of the Thermage 3.0 cm2 STC and DC Frame Tips, Comfort Software and Vibration Handpiece on the Face and Thighs’ (#09-019ER). Bothell. 7. THERMAGE FLX SKIN TIGTHENING TREATMENT OF THE YEAR 8. R.Ganceviciene.A.Liakou - DermatoEndocrinology skin antiageing strategies - 2012
®/™ are trademarks of Bausch Health Companies Inc. or its affiliates. © 2021 Bausch Health Companies Inc. or its affiliates. Thermage FLX® is a Medical Device CE 0344. THR.0021.UK.21
For more information visit thermage.co.uk or email email@example.com