Radiofrequency skin-tightening treatments have never been more popular, and patients are opting for them either as a standalone treatment or as combination therapies within a full treatment plan to tighten and smooth the skin on face, under eyes, eyelids and body. To find out more about incorporating radiofrequency treatments into clinic, we asked leading cosmetic surgeon Dr Angelica Kavouni why Thermage FLX® from Solta Medical® is her device of choice for her Harley Street practice.
WHAT IS RADIOFREQUENCY?
“Radiofrequency (RF) therapy, also called radiofrequency skin tightening, is a non-surgical method of tightening your skin,” explains Dr Kavouni. “The procedure involves using energy waves to heat the deep layer of your skin known as the dermis. This heat then stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein in the body and creates the framework of your skin. As you age, your cells produce less collagen, which leads to sagging skin and wrinkles appearance.”
WHY DO YOU THINK THERMAGE FLX® IS OF REAL INTEREST FOR YOUR PRACTICE?
“Not only is radiofrequency highly effective, it enables me to treat a wide range of patients – from those wishing to prevent the first signs of skin laxity to those wishing to reduce lines and wrinkles, improve definition of jawline, or reduce the appearance of crepey skin.”
WHAT IS THERMAGE FLX®?
“Thermage FLX® is the latest-generation system for non-invasive skin tightening treatments from Solta Medical®, pioneer in non-invasive skin-tightening treatments. Thermage FLX® is a monopolar, capacitively coupled radiofrequency system that helps tone and tighten the skin¹ on the face, under eyes, eyelids and body for a more youthful appearance in a single session with little or no downtime.¹,² Thermage FLX® is suitable for both men and women of all skin types.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT TO OTHER DEVICES?
“Unlike many aesthetic procedures requiring multiple sessions, Thermage FLX® delivers results after a single treatment with results improving over time.1,2 In addition to successfully achieve a skin tightening effect on the face, and the body, Thermage FLX® also treats the lower and upper eyelids and is the only non-invasive RF device sold in the UK which is FDA-cleared in the US for the treatment of the eye area. Furthermore after 18 years on the market, Thermage® has shown a good safety profile with more than 50 published clinical studies.”
THERMAGE FLX® OFFERS KEY FEATURES:
• 25% faster treatments compared to the previous Thermage CPT® version.
• Optimised energy delivery: AccuREP™ Technology allows for automatic calibration to provide consistent output.
• Improved patient comfort:3 The multidirectional vibration helps aid in patient comfort.*
• Single handpiece: One handpiece to treat the face, eyes and body without the need to interchange any handpieces.
• Touchscreen navigation: The updated interface is user-friendly and modern.
* The handpiece vibration function is not available when using the Eye Tip 0.25. 1. E. Finzi, A. Spangler. Multipass vector (mpave) technique with non-ablative radiofrequency to treat facial and neck laxity. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Aug;31(8 Pt 1):916-22.
2. M. Fritz and al. Radiofrequency treatment for middle and lower face laxity. Arch Facial Plast Surg. Nov-Dec 2004;6(6):370-3. Solta Medical, 2009.
3. Report on Gazelle Clinical Study 09-100-GA-T ‘Validation of the Thermage 3.0 cm2
STC and DC Frame Tips, Comfort Software and Vibration Handpiece on the Face and Thighs’ (#09-019ER). Bothell. ®/™ are trademarks of Bausch Health Companies Inc. or its affiliates. ©2021 Bausch Health Companies Inc.or its affiliates.
For more information visit thermage.co.uk or email Solta.InfoEMEA@bausch.com