Aesthetic brand distributor AestheticSource has launched Revision Skincare in the UK and Ireland, described as a “results driven, medical grade cosmeceutical range”.
Data from Kline’s 2020 Professional Skin Care Global Series report said Revision Skincare was a top-five brand carried by medical care practitioners in the US, and the brand says its driver is to change the way skincare results are achieved, without compromising the skin’s long-term health.
The products use bioavailable peptides to help combat visible signs of ageing and are formulated with prebiotic technology to harness the skin’s natural microbiome, which it calls the “sixth layer of the epidermis”. The majority of the retail products contain a skin-neutral pH to support long-term skin health. According to AestheticSource, Revision Skincare was the first brand in the US to utilise vitamin C ester THD ascorbate as a superior alternative to L-ascorbic acid and the only skincare company to use this ingredient at a 30% concentration (as of 2019).
The brand is launching initially with 12 products, including hero products:
• C+ Correcting Complex 30% – Billed as a “next generation” of Vitamin C and infused with patent-pending MelaPATH technology to correct existing damage, brighten, even skin tone, improve the appearance of fine lines and protect against free radical damage.
• Nectifirm ADVANCED – To combat the appearance of adipose tissue, crepey skin and fine lines and wrinkles on the neck with peptides and Smart Antioxidant technology.
• Revox 7 – An oil-free serum to smooth the appearance of expression lines including forehead lines, crow’s feet and lip lines, incorporating seven clinical-level peptides.
• D·E·J Face Cream – An intensive skinrenewing moisturiser inspired by the dermalepidermal junction (DEJ), a critical factor in skin ageing. The cream helps improve visible signs of ageing from multiple pathways and features “prebiotic innovation” to promote a healthy microbiome.
• D·E·J Night Face Cream – An intensive night moisturiser containing a combination of time-released 0.25% retinol formulated to soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles overnight, and bakuchiol, an ingredient that boosts efficacy while minimising the irritation of retinol. The other products launching initially are: Hydrating Serum, Retinol Complete 0.5, Brightening Facial Wash, Vitamin C Lotion 15%, Vitamin C Lotion 30%, Pore Purifying Clay Mask and Gentle Cleansing Lotion. Additional products will be introduced later in the year.
“The addition of Revision Skincare to our portfolio represents a very exciting development for new clinic partners looking for a brand that resonates with current consumer demand for innovative technology and multi-tasking products presented in an easy to communicate and stunning package,” said Lorna McDonnell Bowes, chief executive of AestheticSource.
“With an exceptional success story in the US, we are ready to share the science, marketing, PR, training and commercial opportunities with clinics who relish the idea of carrying a top US brand during the launch phase ‘over here’”.